LAWYER AND BARRISTER SERVICES | How we can help you
Our lawyer and barrister service provide clear, strategic legal thinking to our clients. We have 25 years of experience of applying the right legal skills, for our client’s needs. We offer robust and objective legal advice allowing our clients to make informed decisions which suit them best.
Legal Services we specialise in
- Environmental law & resource management
- Dispute resolution through negotiation, mediation or Court proceedings on a wide range of issues such as contracts, negligence, property and debt recovery
- Judicial review proceedings
- Employment law – drafting agreements and resolving employment disputes
- Insurance law
Environmental Law / Resource Management & Planning
In the Environmental law and resource management area, we act for:
- Local Authorities (District and Regional) providing advice, support and conduct of all Council and Environment Court hearings in relation to resource consents and Plan changes.
- Applicants who are seeking resource consent and need support at Council or Environment Court level.
- Parties who are affected by a resource consent application lodged by someone else and who want to support or oppose the application.
- Vendors and Purchasers looking into planning issues about properties.
Where necessary, we will coordinate other professional advisers such as planners, surveyors, landscape architects and engineers specifically chosen from our wide network of co-professionals. For more detail, click here.
For our litigation clients, we help our clients navigate their way through difficult and stressful situations. Often our clients come to us in a state of crisis. It is our job to use various legal processes to achieve resolution. We use various legal tools depending on the specific situation and the individual needs of our clients. This can include advice, negotiating an outcome, attending mediation or arbitration or, ultimately, issuing or defending Court proceedings.
We have 25 years’ experience of dispute resolution in every forum from mediation and arbitration to Court (District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal).
We act for both employers and employees in all areas of employment law, including:
- Drafting employment agreements and accompanying documentation.
- Providing support in disciplinary processes.
- Attending mediation.
- Advising on restructuring or termination.
- Conduct of cases in the Employment Relations Authority.
Click here for more information about our Employment Law Services
We have experience in acting for both national insurance companies and insureds.
We provide advice on:
- Adequacy of cover for businesses.
- Interpretation of policy documents.
- Disputes regarding policies or claims.
- Complaints to the Insurance Ombudsman.
Our offices are based in the heart of Kerikeri, upstairs in the Clocktower building. If you would like to know more about our services you are welcome to drop in talk with our lawyers or contact us to make an appointment.